Our Sunday ServicesOur Minister - Rev. Denese Schellink
Our Sunday Services are held at The Spire at 10am
Location: 710 South Anderson Street, Tacoma, WA
Click to email us HERE
Welcome to Unity of South Sound
At Unity of South Sound you will find a spiritual community that embraces and promotes a positive and intentional way of living. Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Door and hearts are open to everyone… we honor all people and respect all paths that lead to God.
Worship is an experience of celebration and connection. It is filled with music, inspiration, laughter and depth that will energize and empower you. Whether you're looking to connect with a few like-minded individuals or our larger community, there are activities and events available to support your connection.
We are an inspiring and inclusive spiritual community, exploring and expressing our highest potential and divine nature.
Present and centered in Divine Love, we celebrate a peaceful and awakened world.
The History of the Unity Movement
The Unity movement was founded by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore in 1889 as a healing ministry based on the power of prayer and the power of our thoughts to create our own experience of reality. The Fillmores regarded Jesus as the great example rather than the great exception; believed and applied the power of affirmative prayer; interpreted the Bible metaphysically; and taught that God is present within all of us.
Our world headquarters at Unity Village, Missouri, provides a tranquil atmosphere for quiet meditation and a place for all people, regardless of faith or nationality, to worship. To learn more visit www.unity.org
Charles and Myrtle Fillmore
Unity Gothic, 2011. Brush and ink drawing with digital color; 26.2" x 36".
Courtesy of the artist Anita Landree, member U.S.S.
Basic Unity Principles
- GOD IS - There is one power and one presence - God. God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power; God is good and present everywhere.
- I AM - I Am/We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image and likeness. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- THINK IT - Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- PRAY IT - There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God. Prayer is a conscious conditioner that attunes and aligns our thoughts with the Mind, truth and reality of God in all things.
- LIVE IT - Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them and practice them to continually evolve to newer levels of understanding and spiritual mastery.