What to Expect
Our Sunday Program
Our Sunday worship service is held each week at 10:00 a.m.
Unity of South Sound offers relevant and inspiring worship services for positive spiritual living. Our services each run approximately one hour in length and feature an uplifting message and outstanding music featuring our Unity Band and professional musicians. We acknowledge those new to our service so that we can welcome them and let them know that they can pick up a "welcome packet" at the back table. A weekly newsletter is emailed to all who sign up or subscribe on our website. People who attend Unity come from all age groups and a wide variety of backgrounds. There is no “dress code.” We encourage you to be comfortable and relaxed.
Elements of the Sunday Service
- Minister Rev. Meghan Smith Brooks delivers an inspirational, thought provoking, spiritual talk.
- Staff and volunteers conduct the service.
- Our Music Director schedules amazing musicians for each service.
- A volunteer Platform Assistant opens the service and highlights upcoming events.
- Prayer Chaplains "hold the space."
- An individual reads an inspirational message.
- Members of the Music Celebration Team lead two lively congregational songs.
- Visitors are welcomed.
- Volunteer Teams are recognized and honored regularly.
- The Children and Youth join us at the end of each service and are welcomed and blessed.
- The Hospitality Team offers rerfreshments after service.
Please bring your children ages 3 and up! They can attend our worship services or participate in our loving and inclusive Sunday morning youth classes for toddlers to teens. Our Youth and Family Ministry offers age-appropriate lessons for your children. For more information, please contact Jennifer Richardson, our Youth & Family Ministry Director.
We have a small parking lot adjacent to the Spire. There is ample residential street parking. The north side of South 8th Street is not available for parking.
Our main entrance is on the east side of the building facing Anderson, marked by a wooden arched double doorway. An iron gate entrance is for during weekdays.
There are a couple ADA parking spots and a ramp on the south end of the building. Greeters will assist. A wheel chair is available for congregants, if needed.