Unity of South Sound is committed to providing an accepting, safe, and family-friendly environment where children and youth can express and explore their spiritual nature. This spiritual program engages and inspires all ages by inviting the Divine potential in each individual to grow and expand.Jennifer Richardson, Youth and Family Ministries DirectorThe Living CurriculumMyrtle Fillmore, co-founder of Unity, believed our mission was not to “entertain the children, but instead, to draw them out.” The Living Curriculum is an approach that affirms that what we learn and know - lives within each individual.It moves us past the belief that teachers have all the answers and need to impart them to the students. Rather, there is a realization that all of us are uniquely unfolding on our spiritual path, having access to the Spirit within.The Living Curriculum offers spiritual support to help all ages develop successful living concepts. It honors the inherent wholeness and wisdom within each one of us, and utilizes storytelling and experiential creative expression to “draw out” the Truth we already know. The curriculm explores spiritual principles and how they operate in our lives.Five Basic Unity Principles
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God's Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth that I know. I make a difference!